Quality is one of the core values of Richmann Walsh Engineering, accredited by BSI to the ISO9001:2008 quality system, the company follow the procedures set out for product and process compliance rigorously; upgrading in 2017 to ISO9001:2015.
With a philosophy of continuous improvement, internal standards have been set where quality is embedded within business wide processes.
A team approach is taken with all new product developments and the company is fully conversant with the preparation of the relevant quality documentation including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) systems, PPAP and ISIR requirements etc.
Inspection resources and capacity are also available as a subcontract service to support customers who do not have their own metrology capability;
- Mitutoyo B231 Manual CMM Machine.
- Mitutoyo Euro APEX CNC CMM Machine with gear checking package.
- MAAG PH60 Dedicated gear checking machine
- 2 off FARO Gauge Arms
- Twinner checking machine
- Hardness checking capability (Brinell, Brookes and Vickers)
- Crack detection
Richmann Walsh Engineering has a proud history of working alongside its customers to enhance product quality, recently refining and aligning the gears and shafts within the Caterham 6 speed manual gearbox to improve drive performance.
In the unlikely event of product non-conformance the company has a set procedure and uses an 8D process to deal with any issues:
- Complaint acknowledgement within one working day
- Written corrective action plan within 1-3 working days